William M. Hogue Professorship in Electrical Engineering and Professor of Electrical Engineering-Electrophysics
- Doctoral Degree, Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Master's Degree, Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering, University of Kansas
Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1991, Champaign, IL
Mahta Moghaddam received the B.S. degree (with highest distinction) from the University of Kansas, Lawrence, in 1986 and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, in 1989 and 1991, respectively, all in electrical and computer engineering. From 1991 to 2003, she was with the Radar Science and Engineering Section, Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, before joining the Radiation Laboratory in the EECS department at Michigan. Dr. Moghaddam joined the USC Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering in January 2012.
Dr. Moghaddam has introduced innovative approaches and algorithms for quantitative interpretation of multichannel radar imagery based on analytical inverse scattering techniques applied to complex and random media. She has also developed quantitative approaches for multisensor data fusion by combining radar and optical remote sensing data for nonlinear estimation of vegetation and surface parameters. She has led the development of new radar instrument and measurement technologies for subsurface and subcanopy characterization. She has been a a Systems Engineer for the Cassini Radar and the Science Chair of the JPL Team X (Advanced Mission Studies Team).
- Director, Director of New Research Initiatives
- Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Electrophysics
- PHE 634
- Charles Lee Powell Hall
- 3737 Watt Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 271
- (213) 740-4712