Professor of Electrical Engineering-Electrophysics
- 1993, Bachelor's Degree, Special Class for the Gifted Young, University of Science & Technology of China
- Doctoral Degree, Physics, Yale University
Dr. Chongwu Zhou is a full professor of Department of Electrical Engineering at University of Southern California (USC). He previously held positions of the Jack Munushian Associate Professor (2006 - 2011) and Assistant Professor (2000 - 2006) at USC. He received Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Yale University in 1999, and worked as a postdoc at Stanford University from 1998 to 2000.
Dr. Zhou has authored 161 journal publications with altogether 16,024 citations and an h-index of 55 (http://www.researcherid.com/rid/F-7483-2010). His work has been reported by Science, Scientific American, Physics Today, MRS Bulletin, Materials Today, National Cancer Institute, and Royal Society of Chemistry. His research interest covers carbon nanotubes, nanowires, graphene, bionanotechnology, and energy nanotechnology. His research group consists of postdocs and students with background in electrical engineering, physics, chemistry, and materials science.
He is currently an Associate Editor for Nanotechnology and IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology. He has received a number of awards, including the NSF CAREER Award (2002), the NASA TGIR Award (2002), the USC Junior Faculty Research Award (2004), and the first IEEE Nanotechnology Early Career Award (2007).
Zhou's research interests include nanoelectronics and nanotechnology molecular electronics mesoscopic physics MEMs and bioMEMs.
Chongwu Zhou Research Summary
- 2007 IEEE Nanotechnology Council IEEE Nanotechnology Early Career Award 2007
- 2007 FCRP FENA Center Best Poster Award - SRC FCRP FENA 2007 Annual Review
- 2006 SRC FCRP FENA Center Best Poster Award - SRC FCRP FENA 2006 Annual Review
- 2004 USC Viterbi School of Engineering USC Junior Faculty Research Award (2004)
- 2003 Norris Foundation Norris Fellowship 2003
- 2002 NASA NASA TGiR Award (2002)
- 2002 NSF NSF CAREER Award 2002
- 2002 USC Zumberge Interdisciplinary Research Award 2002
- 2001 USC Powell Award 2001
- Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Electrophysics
- RTH 511
- Ronald Tutor Hall of Engineering
- 3710 McClintock Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 271
- (213) 740-4708